As Defence Attaché, the office bearer is responsible for advancing Zambia’s defence and security interests in the countries of accreditation. The office is responsible for:
- Bilateral defence relations with countries of accreditation;
- Spearheading emergency preparedness and response during crises;
- Advising the Ambassador on all defence and security matters;
- Observing conditions in the countries of accreditation that have a bearing on Zambia’s security and
- Reporting to the Government on all security and defence matters.