VISA AND IMMIGRATION INFORMATION
A visa is an endorsement on a valid travel document or passport of a foreigner granting such person authority to enter Zambia within a specific period upon examination by an Immigration officer at the port of entry.
The period of stay in Zambia shall be determined by an Immigration Officer at the port of entry. The validity of the visa is NOT the period which the holder is entitled to remain in the country but a period within which the holder has to enter Zambia.
The following visa procedures will therefore apply:
1. ENTRY VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMATS AND UNITED NATIONS PERSONNEL ACCREDITED TO ZAMBIA
- Official or Gratis Visas could be obtained at Zambian Missions abroad or at ports of entry on presentation of letters of accreditation.
- Persons in category 1.1 above who are not accredited to Zambia may get visas at a Mission abroad or at ports of entry on presentation of official/diplomatic passports.
2. DELEGATES COMING TO ZAMBIA ON CONFIRMED GOVERNMENT BUSINESS
- Delegates from International Organizations coming to Zambia should obtain Entry Visas at Zambian Missions Abroad or ports of entry provided they produce official invitation letters.
- Persons under paragraph 2.1 above include delegates from countries which authority has to be sought from the chief immigration officer provided they have confirmed letters of invitation from relevant Ministries, Departments or International Organizations represented in Zambia.
3. TOURISTS TO ZAMBIA
- A bonafide tourist is any person travelling to Zambia as an individual or group of persons on a pre-arranged package tour through a foreign tour operator or travel agent in conjunction with a local tour operator. Tour operators include hotels registered in Zambia as such.
- All bonafide tourists shall be issued with visas at any port of entry to Zambia or at Zambian Missions abroad EXCEPT countries who require visas authorized by the Chief Immigration Officer or the stipulated Zambian Mission abroad.
- Any bonafide tourist travelling to Zambia as an individual or in a group on a pre-arranged package tour through a foreign tour operator or travel agent in conjunction with a local operator shall be issued with a FEE WAIVED VISA at any port of entry to Zambia.
- Any person qualifying as a bonafide tourist under paragraph 3.3 above shall be issued with a multiple entry visa at any port of entry and such a visa shall be valid for the duration of the visit which shall not exceed a period of fourteen (14) days.
- The duly signed notice of tourists intending to come to Zambia on fee waived visa should be furnished to the officers at the port of entry at least twenty – four (24) hours prior to their arrival. The notice should include the following details: Passport particulars (full names, passport numbers and nationality), expected date of arrival and itinerary.
- Nationals of countries which require visas to enter Zambia for the purpose of visiting friends or relatives should be issued with visas at Zambian Missions abroad or ports of entry. Those nationals who may wish to obtain such visas well in advance should apply for them to the
Chief Immigration Officer – P.O. Box 50300 – LUSAKA-ZAMBIA
- Nationals of countries which require visas, coming as experts on business with organisations in Zambia could be issued with entry visas at ports of entry or Zambian missions abroad. A Business visitor should produce an invitation letter from the institution which invited him/her. A Business visitor is entitled to thirty (30) days visit in a period of twelve (12) months.
- Nationals of countries who require transit visas could obtain them at Zambian Missions abroad or ports of entry except for those from countries which authority has to be sought from the Chief Immigration Officer. A transit visa shall be valid for a maximum period of seven (7) days.
- Day tripper visas shall be issued at ports of entry to tourists coming to visit Zambia for a period of less than twenty-four (24) hours.
- Certification and authentication of Zambian official documents
- Nulla Osta (Marriage declaration)
- Authentication of Commercial Documents
- Endorsement of Educational documents obtained in Italy
- Processing of Duly completed passport forms for onward conveyance to Passport Office, Lusaka.